Oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree, where and how do I recycle you!? As the holidays come to a close, we all know that live holiday trees only last for so long before it’s time to bid adieu to the 2019 Christmas season.
Lucky for you, we’ve compiled a list of locations in northern Colorado that will accept your holiday trees and recycle them! Keep in mind that holiday trees are not always accepted with your regular curbside pickup and as a reminder, please remove all holiday decorations before donating as this may contaminate the mulch produced from the tree.
Read on for a guide of how, where, and when to recycle your Christmas tree.
Boulder, Colorado Curbside Christmas Tree Pickup
For Boulder County or City of Boulder residents, curbside collection is available! Contact your local waste provider for details on what is approved to set curbside. The Yard Waste and Wood Drop-Off Center also are accepting trees this season. Plus, see how you can receive a discount when you drop off your tree.
Greeley, Colorado Holiday Tree Recycling
Greeley residents have access to the Greeley Organic Waste Center (GROW) for their Christmas tree recycling needs. The GROW Center’s services are free of charge and available through the end of January. The center is open Tuesday to Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., located at 1130 E 8th St, Greeley, Colorado 80631. Residents wishing to recycle trees recycled after January 31st will be charged a $5 fee per tree.
Larimer County and Fort Collins Tree Drop-Off
The City of Fort Collins and Larimer County will be hosting their annual Christmas tree recycling program, which is free for residents beginning December 26th through January 31st and open during daylight hours.
Visit one of the following drop-off locations:
- Edora Park, 1420 E. Stuart St.
- Fort Collins Streets Facility, 625 Ninth St.
- Fossil Creek Park, 5821 S. Lemay Ave.
- Larimer County Landfill, 5887 S. Taft Hill Road
- Rolland Moore Park, 2201 S. Shields St.
- Wellington Recycling Drop-Off Site, Town Garage, Corner of Sixth Street and Grant Avenue
Longmont, Co- Now through Jan. 6th
Going on now through January 6th, Longmont residents can drop off their trees to the following locations:
- Roosevelt Park; in the parking lot south of 8th Avenue.
- Garden Acres Baseball Park on the west side of parking lot off 18th Avenue
- Kanemoto Park in the parking lot off of South Pratt Parkway
- Centennial Park, use the east parking lot off of Alpine Street
Loveland, Co Christmas Tree Recycling
If you live in or around Loveland, you can recycle your Christmas tree at one of these three convenient sites:
- Centennial Park, West 1st and Taft Avenue, in the parking lot north of First Street
- Loveland Recycling Center, 1st Street & Wilson Avenue
- Kroh Park, North Highway 287 and 52nd Street
Or, if you’re the crafty kind and in need of ideas for ways to reuse natural decor inside your home, check out these 5 ways to do so! Happy holidays from the All-Terrain Landscaping team!